Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WHY...

From "Sing A Little Louder" by Penny Lea:  "A railroad track ran behind our small church, and each Sunday morning we would hear the whistle from the distance and then the clacking of the wheels moving over the track.  We became disturbed when one Sunday we noticed cries coming from the train as it passed by. We grimly realized that the train was carry-ing Jews.  They were like cattle in those cars!

"Week after week that train whistle would blow. We would dread to hear the sound of those old wheels because we knew that the Jews would begin to cry to us as they passed our church. It was so terribly disturbing!  We could do nothing to help these poor miserable people, yet their screams tormented us. We knew exactly at what time that whistle would blow, and we decided the only way to keep from being so disturbed by the cries was to start singing our hymns.  By the time the train came rumbling past the church yard, we were singing at the top of our voices.  If some of the screams reached our ears, we'd just sing a little louder until we could hear them no more. Years passed and no one talks about it much anymore, but I still hear that train whistle in my sleep.  I can still hear them crying out for help.  G-d forgive all of us who called ourselves Christians, yet did nothing to intervene."


The first question in anyone's mind once hit with the knowledge of the Holocaust is, "How could that happen and no one stop it?". How does something so evil, so diabolical have the ability to come to fruition? The warning signs were there both politically and socially, and their leaders made their intentions known. For years the signals were there, and yet it was able to occur in fullness of horror. How?? As quoted by Edmund Burke, "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." And so it was then... towns and churches filled with "good men" singing louder and doing NOTHING!

I am not a political expert, historian, or activist, but over the last decade I have taken to paying attention to the operations and schemes of those sent to represent us in DC. I have been disappointed, to say it in the kindest of terms, repeatedly by those that "represent" me time and time again. What disturbs me the most is their arrogance that "they" know best and our Constitution seems to be an unimportant historical document that should not constrain their efforts in governing us (mind you We are to govern THEM). 

The signs of our liberties being not only infringed upon, but stripped from us are overwhelming. Our freedoms of religion, speech, press, assembly, privacy, arms, sovereignty,  are being attacked and suppressed by numerous means of regulations, executive orders, treaties (eg; NAU, Convention for Rights of the Child, Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities, UN Arms Treaty...)  and "Acts" (eg: Patriot Act, ACA, NDAA, Dream Act..). We are at a crucial point in our nation where America is in jeopardy of no longer being the "Land of the Free". 

I have been asked many times why we started Stand Across America for WE THE PEOPLE to make a strong stand for our Constitution. My answer is this: I can not look my children in the eye each day, knowing what I see take place in our nation each day, and not do this. I see America DYING, and I can not bare the thought of my kids reaching adulthood and not having Liberty. If I do nothing I have to answer for that when Liberty is lost. Short answer, I love my kids too much not to!"

Germans from the Nazi era have a history to answer for that I have No desire in sharing the experience of. I will Not just SING LOUDER!

Commit to Stand for our Constitution on 4-26-14 @ noon with fellow patriots across the nation on bi-coastal interstates, and lets Make DC Listen!

Join us at facebook.com/standacrossamerica and standacrossamerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment